Thread: cracked manifolds

Thanks

Default cracked manifolds

I have a 2011 PRO 4X with 121,000 miles (yes I know I drive a lot) When I started it this morning I could hear the leak. I stop by my local Nissan and they said both manifolds are cracked. The truck is stock but I was thinking of added some nice headers since they need to be replaced and it is out of warranty. The stock replacements are $3100 with labor.

What do you all suggest for replacement? I dont want any check engine lights and not to loud.

thanks for your help.

Jeff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jstevens View Post
    I have a 2011 PRO 4X with 121,000 miles (yes I know I drive a lot) When I started it this morning I could hear the leak. I stop by my local Nissan and they said both manifolds are cracked. The truck is stock but I was thinking of added some nice headers since they need to be replaced and it is out of warranty. The stock replacements are $3100 with labor.

What do you all suggest for replacement? I dont want any check engine lights and not to loud.

thanks for your help.

Jeff
    There are a couple good header options for these trucks, all the bolt on sets remove the pre cats , so some trickery will need to be done to keep the CEL off , or short tube headers and weld the cats on , but that will require someone who welds .... Nismo ( discontinued ) Doug thorley and JBA all have quality sets ... I plan on doing the JBA long tubes on mine when I get the time ... There are some aftermarket manifolds available for less $$ but not sure on the quality ??
    Shawn
    GerBrock.com
    '09 CC LB SE Haul
    '99 G20T Daily
    '98 Sentra SE Track
    '99 Sentra FE+ Wifes
    '45 GPW KA24E Project

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GERBROCK View Post
    There are a couple good header options for these trucks, all the bolt on sets remove the pre cats , so some trickery will need to be done to keep the CEL off , or short tube headers and weld the cats on , but that will require someone who welds .... Nismo ( discontinued ) Doug thorley and JBA all have quality sets ... I plan on doing the JBA long tubes on mine when I get the time ... There are some aftermarket manifolds available for less $$ but not sure on the quality ??
    I do agree we had a NISMO before all I can say is wow, but the price was way to expensive at that time.

Thread Information