Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiMpLyMoDiFiEd View Post
    I'm a mechinical engineer and residential arch by trade but unemployed as of last May it's impossible to find a job

oh yeah fabricator and owner of Floyds Customs
    I'll pray for you to find employment friend. Its a dog eat dog world out there right now and seems like decent jobs are far and few between. Don't give up on looking though somebody will realize your potential and give you a shot.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 CC LE 4X4 BT
    All The Bells And
    Whistles And Then
    Some
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Access Member SiMpLyMoDiFiEd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepertrk View Post
    I'll pray for you to find employment friend. Its a dog eat dog world out there right now and seems like decent jobs are far and few between. Don't give up on looking though somebody will realize your potential and give you a shot.
    Thank you man and I feel you on the Back I have two disc buldging and 1 detirating. and much more lol

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations Pit Crew"

My Truck Featured Here!!
    Need Headlight Mod Done? LMK I have Many Happy Customers on the site!

Full Access Member
    Thanks

structural welder working shutdowns at chemical plants, refineries, etc... im currently workin at valero in port arthur tx metals i weld are carbon steel, stainless steel, chrome, and inconel for now. im learning how to tig as well

Thanks

Thank you man and I feel you on the Back I have two disc buldging and 1 detirating. and much more lol
    I wish i could give you some good advice but shit man its a hell ride that may never end. I'm only 40 and have been diagnosed with severe osteoporosis of the spine and hips. They say i'll be dealing with that forever and its what has caused me so much problems. They have some amazing disc surgeries they can do now days but most aren't available with disentegrating spine bones like mine. My last surgery was a (4) level fusion with (2) 4" screws angled out and down into my pelvic bones. Thats a total of (10) shiney titanium screws now. I'm a freak'n walking erector set. I'm not gonna tell you surgery is the answer but i had no choice. Good luck whatever happens with your back.
    2004 CC LE 4X4 BT
    All The Bells And
    Whistles And Then
    Some

Full Access Member SiMpLyMoDiFiEd's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I got mine due to the USMC and I will not let them operate! I will deal with it until I cant walk anymore

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations Pit Crew"

My Truck Featured Here!!
    Need Headlight Mod Done? LMK I have Many Happy Customers on the site!

Thanks

Leaving the dealership to begin new career March 1st.
    2008.5 Nissan Titan SE CC SWB 2WD Timberline Green
    -S&B Filters CAI
    -Banks Monster Exhaust
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't care if anybody likes me or not, just so I'm popular!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dezert-hooligan View Post
    skeeball repair technician in the house!

That's my dream job!!! Do you get to go to skeeball school?
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Full Access Member mde's04Titan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepertrk View Post
    I feel your pain brotha. Been off since Feb. 6 2008 because of lower spine issues. Have had two major and one minor surgeries the last being Oct. 22nd of 2009. I spent 7 days in Barnes Jewish Hospt. St. Louis , Mo. this last time. I'm just finally starting physical therapy to try and get back at it again. I sure hope your ordeal heals up nicely for you and you can return to work and whatever else you love to do for fun. God i'm glad i had paid into my employers long term disability plan even though i bitched and moaned about the measily $11.25/week they deducted for it. You'll never hear me bitch about paying that again and never go without it people. You never know when one small incident will turn into a long term almost life changing issue.
    And likewise, I hope your spine issues have been dealt with and you do well. The physical therapy will no doubt be strenuous, but IMO, well worth it! I had back issues back in 1993-1994, and physical therapy was the single most key ingredient to me coming out better than before the injury!! It made me a believer, and the education on how to use my back safely is priceless.

On the insurance note, I had/have UNUM....it's kinda like AFLAC, and when we had open enrollment just before my accident I had asked about how to cancel it and am soooooooooooooooooo glad that I didn't!!!!!

I will elaborate on my injury just enough to say that; though it wasn't a compound fracture, my leg looked like something out of a sci-fi movie, fracture blisters, bones pushing at the skin like coat hangers in a trash bag, and my foot looked like some kind of an afterthought just sticking off the side of my leg. The most difficult part of the process was the tendon/ligament adhesion back to the bones that they were ripped from.
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Full Access Member mde's04Titan's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I got mine due to the USMC and I will not let them operate! I will deal with it until I cant walk anymore
    I feel you on the USMC, that's how my knees finally went south!! The wouldn't pay any attention to the small issues, just kept drawing fluid off of it, and by the time I was finally outed for them, it was too late for rest and healing.....but had to make plenty of time for the 4 surgeries that I've had.

Good luck with your back, and I wish I had some advice on the employment scene. And again, it was very nice speaking with you the other evening!
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Thanks

Commercial HVAC/R Technician. I'm still learning though, and have a lot left to learn.
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thread Information