PDA

View Full Version : Custom lift in progress

Danielk
03-03-2010, 05:26 AM
so tomorrow i will start and interesting project, can tell you right now but will post up pics just keep checking in. basically just fabing up some custom stuff to get more lift and travel but we(my friend and i) are fabing the parts ourselves.

jink
03-03-2010, 06:58 PM
subscribed

Danielk
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM
update still in progress though!!!!!

we completely cut off the stock shackle mounts fabed them up but now the shackles are going down instead of up (stock) we cleaned up the stock shacles for now and re-welded where the crappy welds were.

to come....
we are going to fab up rear shackles much much bigger for alit more lift.

08 coil over springs .... on order

prg drive shaft spacer... on order

we are also in the progress of contructing our own upper control arms....................

btw i know in the pic it shows the shackles at a forward angle its only because the frame is lifted at that moment. it actually angles back slightly.

Danielk
03-16-2010, 11:29 AM
hopefully i willl get back from vacation thur and be able to do some more work to post some pics up for yall

Pops
03-16-2010, 01:53 PM
... 08 coil over springs .... on order. ....

Why not get some Eibach springs to the specs you're wanting?? Much better springs for the same money... :shrug:

Danielk
03-23-2010, 06:27 PM
didnt think of it and i already have these springs should install 2nite.

Danielk
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
ok so sorry it has taken so long i had a vacation and then my wheels and springs were both on back order.

so i installed the 08 springs which are only like 3/4 of and inch longer but it is a bigger diameter so after install it gave me 2.5inch of lift in the front which i was completely surprised i thought maybe just 1inch but because its a bigger diameter its stronger which prevents the droop or sag like the old springs had. rides great just need to get it aligned again. i should make bigger shackles friday and lift the rear more and throw my new wheels and tires on then. i still have other mods to fab up so dont think im done.

the driveshaft spacer i bought from greg(prg)

the shackles and mount actually look great just did alit off roading and got it all dirty underneath.

so pops you said eibach springs for the same price.... how much do you think i paid for my 08 springs????

Pops
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
I don't have any idea what you paid but they usually cost around $70/ea and Eibachs can be bought for close to the same. :D Your truck is looking good!!!

jink
03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
looking good man keep up the good work

Danielk
03-25-2010, 07:27 PM
thanks guys.... just asking pops because i think i got a good deal for 62 a spring..... like i said shackles tomorrow then the beefy 38.5's its gonna look sick.

Danielk
03-29-2010, 04:09 PM
so i trimmed the front fenders alit bit to allow for plenty of flex.... made beefy shackles which lifted it apx 3 more inchs.. and put the 38.5in ssr's and 17x10 ultra rogue wheels..

i now have apx 12in lift up front and 14 in the rear.......