PDA

View Full Version : Fuel sender recall coming!

krh2
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Got this from my parts guy.......

OK, it is official, Nissan will be announcing a RECALL on 2006-2008 Xterra's, Pathfinder and Frontiers and 2005-2009 Titan and Armadas.

Nissan will begin sending letters out to customers 3/22/10

Nissan will replace your existing fuel sending units with the new improved design.
I am sure Nissan will be expanding the years for this, but I do not have official info on that yet.

IF you have already purchased the sending unit, WHEN you receive the recall notice,
you can contact the following:

National Consumer Affairs Department
Nissan North America Inc.
PO Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003

Or you can Call 1-800-NISSAN1

DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE RECALL NOTICE.
In the event you do not receive a recall notice, around april 2nd you can call the dealership and have then run your VIN to see if you are affected.

This is EARLY INFO DO NOT act on any of it yet!

Too bad I have an '04... Mine got replaced and was broke again a week later...

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Nice Thanks

krh2
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Not official yet and they dont even have a fix for it YET.... Could be extended to the '04 Titans and '05 Frontiers I'm told. Nice thing is it is all one unit........... fuel sender, filter, and pump.... Hmmmm. Wonder why Nissan FINALLY came out with a recall ( Yota?) ........ Maybe next with axle seals, rear diffs, etc....... One can hope right?

O-Fivecc
03-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah all these companies are jumping on the bandwagon....Cool, I have an 05, I always like free new parts

krh2
03-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah all these companies are jumping on the bandwagon....Cool, I have an 05, I always like free new parts

Me too, but they aint gettin my true-trac!

nascarjody
03-03-2010, 10:28 AM
We have the recall for the brake pedal but no info on the fuel guage as of yet. Be patient & the recall notices will start going out soon. We inspected all of our instock units last night & didnt find a single problem. What we were told yesterday was that there have been no faulty brake pedals found in the US so far. I will keep yall updated as we get more info

LaQueen
03-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Wish I could get free parts on recalls! Lol, oh well.. upgrades are better anyway :)

nickspeed
03-04-2010, 03:19 AM
We have the recall for the brake pedal but no info on the fuel guage as of yet. Be patient & the recall notices will start going out soon. We inspected all of our instock units last night & didnt find a single problem. What we were told yesterday was that there have been no faulty brake pedals found in the US so far. I will keep yall updated as we get more info

We got all the stuff today on the part numbers and such, we already do the sending unit all the time. My truck has does it sence day 1 but I just havent had them fix it yet.

thebassn8tr
03-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Nice!

R3DN1CK
04-29-2010, 01:48 AM
We got all the stuff today on the part numbers and such, we already do the sending unit all the time. My truck has does it sence day 1 but I just havent had them fix it yet.

where the fuck is my wifes fuel sender?

with love, -RED