PDA

View Full Version : Transgo kit on the way!!

08BLIZZARD
02-08-2010, 04:00 PM
just ordered it saturday :peace::peace: in the process of finding someone to do the install now. cheapest place i have seen so far is 350-400, which means 400 :rape:

i cant wait to get this bad boy on!!

nickspeed
02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
All you need now is TT and CAMS and you will have a hemi killing beast on you hands!

tat2titan
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Yea Buddy! Hopefully next month for me.

08BLIZZARD
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
All you need now is TT and CAMS and you will have a hemi killing beast on you hands!

sure wish some boys at JWT could build us a TT..

hint hint...snicker

nickspeed
02-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Never say never! The talk about doing it is there, so many be one day. Got to see how toomnymods ends up doing first.

von
02-08-2010, 10:42 PM
TT would be nice. I'm also getting the kit in a couple days. Ordered today.

Gary748
02-08-2010, 11:58 PM
You guys will honestly love it! O-fivecc's truck feels so much nicer with the kit. You guys should wait on the install though. Apparently there is an input spring that the instructions say to remove but doesn't show in the photo. Our install guy didn't remove it on O-five's install and It shifts with no issues. We need to find out what the difference is with or without the spring. One more FL guy is getting it installed on SAT....

von
02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I think trust posted a revised install on TT and CT

nickspeed
02-09-2010, 12:10 AM
I think trust posted a revised install on TT and CT

He did.

von
02-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Hopefully i'll install mine next week.

Gary748
02-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I saw that... not sure if it addresses the spring in question. The "updated" PDF shows and instructs you to remove it, but I need to find put from Tommy what the deal is and how the spring affects performance. To me Steve's shifts perfectly. But, some may be expecting a little firmer shifting. Perhaps the spring addresses this...

von
02-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I think that without the spring it shifts firmer.

Gary748
02-09-2010, 08:43 AM
I think that without the spring it shifts firmer.

That's the assumption but I'd like to know for sure. Taking the VB out is a PITA and the tranny fluid is way too expensive to guess... Hopefully we can get an answer from Transgo.

08BLIZZARD
02-09-2010, 09:34 AM
has anyone called transgo yet?

O-Fivecc
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I think I'm going to have the spring taken out. After talking to KHA, I think it would shift harder without the spring. I doubt it can shift any faster then mine does now, but the once or twice I got the very aggressive shift, is probably what it is like without the spring all the time. My shifts are seamless now, but, we will probably take it back out. Randy said he could do it no problem.

08BLIZZARD
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
sweet let us know what you find out

Gary748
02-10-2010, 06:23 AM
I think I'm going to have the spring taken out. After talking to KHA, I think it would shift harder without the spring. I doubt it can shift any faster then mine does now, but the once or twice I got the very aggressive shift, is probably what it is like without the spring all the time. My shifts are seamless now, but, we will probably take it back out. Randy said he could do it no problem.

IMHO, we need to do a little more research my friend. Shifting harder isn't necessarily a good thing. While the "chirping" may sound cool it's also taking it's toll on your drive train. Sacrificing longevity and driveability for a slightly quicker shift isn't gonna cut it for me. If removing the spring increases the line pressure to the point that it will "chirp" on the 1-2 shift all the time with 1/2 throttle or more, say bye, bye to the stock tranny and you'd better have AAA on speed dial. :)

We need to call Transgo and find out what that spring does...

It's my understanding that this kit was tested and designed on a 350z not a Titan, so all the input data was from a vehicle with less power that's a lot lighter than our trucks...

I agree that the shifting in your truck is very quick and smooth as it is. So why risk it? I know you have an extended warranty but it can be a hugh PITA to file a claim. Plus with your truck having so many mods there is always the chance it gets denied...

Perhaps I'm over thinking this or being too cautious... I just don't want this mod to turn out to be cause for headache down the road.

Maybe we can have Randy remove the spring on Carl's T this weekend and go from there?

tat2titan
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Interesting! We need to find out.

O-Fivecc
02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Well, the directions do say to remove it....but I don't even know what it does...."Input clutch spring"

kha4079
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
just because ur line pressure goes up and ur tires chirping doesnt necessarily mean ur transmission will get fried because of it. everytime i take my truck out for a spin i try her out and the tranny is still holding up 100% :D

mde's04Titan
02-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Ordered mine yesterday. Andre at Edge said that it is the most popular item in his inventory right now, lol. I'd like to give a huge Thanks to whoever tried this first, and Thanks to O-five for the good write-ups!

Now, does anyone have a definitive better procedure, or tips about the install. I have a very experienced mechanic friend who not only has a building behind his home, but it has a lift in it and everything. He said he would look up some info on it, but that he done many shift kits in 3 speed and 4 speed GM's and so forth and seemed optimistic on giving it a shot.

I can't wait to get this bad boy shifting good.

O-Fivecc
02-12-2010, 08:19 AM
He'll do just fine then, its not that hard

08BLIZZARD
02-12-2010, 10:52 AM
i still havnt found a shop around here that i would feel comfortable with the install.. $350 is about average here.

my kit is in transit and will be here tuesday.. damn i wish i lived near all you cali gurus!!! cases of beer can get alot of help

tat2titan
02-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Congrat's guy's! It won't be long till i get one myself. :)

kha4079
02-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Ordered mine yesterday. Andre at Edge said that it is the most popular item in his inventory right now, lol. I'd like to give a huge Thanks to whoever tried this first, and Thanks to O-five for the good write-ups!

Now, does anyone have a definitive better procedure, or tips about the install. I have a very experienced mechanic friend who not only has a building behind his home, but it has a lift in it and everything. He said he would look up some info on it, but that he done many shift kits in 3 speed and 4 speed GM's and so forth and seemed optimistic on giving it a shot.

I can't wait to get this bad boy shifting good.

its easy and shouldnt take no more than 30 mins to do once its out of the transmission :Doh and ur welcome :D

08BLIZZARD
02-19-2010, 03:13 PM
blizz goes in the shop monday at 8 am.. im friggen stoked. i hope i can really feel the difference like they say

O-Fivecc
02-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh you'll feel it, their is no if's, and's, or butts about it, you will know it as soon as you go WOT...and you will say "Heeeeeeell yeah!"

08BLIZZARD
02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
blizz is in the shop right now!!! man im fucking stoked.

i just hope that everything gets done correctly

O-Fivecc
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
updates?

08BLIZZARD
02-23-2010, 11:37 AM
they didnt start on the T ttill 3 yesterday.. pissed me off because i had my T there at 8 am. I hate having my truck in someone elses possesion.

should be ready sometime this morning

O-Fivecc
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
this morning has passed...whats the deal?

08BLIZZARD
02-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Got to finally pick up blizz.

She shifts like a bat out of hell!! Manual mode kicks ass . I burned a 1/4 tank of gas in 15 minutes. I just want to floor it at every light.

A+ mod for sure. What's crazy, my first gear seems to pull slot harder. I know that doesn't seem possible, but it sure feels like it.