PDA

View Full Version : Seems we have slowed down.

Shaggy
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
What do you all think? What do we need to keep people here?

Sleepertrk
01-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I honestly don't know. I think alot of the problem is people have been going to TT for so long they're not willing to abandon them for a new site even if its better. I think its a catch 22 right now, you have to have the people to keep people interested but you can't get the people if their not interested. It will take time regardless of how good this site is compared to the others. I do think there is alot of potential here and i like it here but for the most part its boring when there is nothing new to argue or discuss Titan related. There has to be fresh new subjects to keep peolpe coming back but you have to have the members to bring those ideas. Remember TT didn't start off with 10,000 members the first few weeks. They had to build up to those numbers over time and word of mouth.I'm just not sure what it takes to convince others to come here and not there.

06_footy
01-27-2010, 11:46 PM
If it makes any different i dont lurk clubtitan or titantalk much anymore. I usually come here and have it as a regular tab on my internet search. I do think we need more technical articles on the site. We have a awesome off-topic section. But we could use some more indepth interior& exterior threads.

O-Fivecc
01-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Its just a time thing. People are set in the forms they go to the most. You have to wait till they get pissed off about something or get banned then they will come LOL. Give it a little while first. I'm going to take pics and start a thread on my Nitrous, shift kit, and lowering kit install, I think threads like that will keep some performance guys checking in occasionally.

Shaggy
01-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I figured it was a time thing. Just need to wait it out and see how this settle.

mde's04Titan
01-28-2010, 12:38 AM
I, for one, just haven't had anything worthy to add today...an off day for me perhaps? I've bounced around a lot today on the forums, just not posted until now. Like it's been said, maybe time, and maybe just a couple of off days.

Twistedfreedom
01-28-2010, 02:11 AM
I have plenty of time on my hands so if we need pictures and write ups let me know what you would like to know .

I am a certified mechanic, skilled with a camera and I can make a coherent sentence.

R3DN1CK
01-28-2010, 03:41 AM
I have plenty of time on my hands so if we need pictures and write ups let me know what you would like to know .

I am a certified mechanic, skilled with a camera and I can make a coherent sentence.

Awesome! that actually is hard to find.

R3DN1CK
01-28-2010, 03:41 AM
What about a truck of the month thing?

Shaggy
01-28-2010, 05:07 AM
What about a truck of the month thing?

Yep, this in the works. Twisted, just do a write up of anything that has been posted here before. The more we get the more it will bring in new users.

Misfit
01-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Rather than convert old timers at the other forums, it's better to try snagging new Titan owners.

Dealerships could be a great outlet to snag new members.

Here's a dirty trick I've used before; placing Google ads on competitor's site. :rotflmao:

06_footy
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
^Yeah i'll let my dealership know about the site. Im not telling them my screen name though...LOL

jink
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
i know i haven't been around on the sites but maybe close to a year but i would love more DIY projects am a poor country boy i don't mind spending money but it is a bang for your buck kind of thing i do like the fact the same admin's are here pumping up the topics and reading what has to be said..thanks for the new site