PDA

View Full Version : All the help I can get

mjv8507
01-23-2010, 05:17 AM
i was trying to install my 3" drop springs leafs and for the life of me I could not get the 1st eyebolt out( the one in front of the back tire) I literally tried everthing I could think of..

I jacked thetruck up by the axle and the placed a jack stand on each side of the truck. Here is where I get lost, the instructions say to lower the jack and raise it back again by the axle until where you see the leaf bend upward, then the leaf will be without tension. Yeah, I am not sure at what point that is.. I was able to take of the ubolts.. no problem... I unscrewed the eyebolt, but it would not come out. Is the eyebolt threaded completely? I would not think so, cause it only need to be threaded on the end where the nut goes, but the bolt was still coming out as I was turning it with the wrench and the nut was no longer on the bolt

If any one has done this what am I doing wrong and at what point did you realize that there was no more tension on the leaf, I assume that the bolt should just be able to be slide out:confused::confused:

I am frustrated beyond belief at this point and yes it is 3am :(

Thanks for your help in advance..

08BLIZZARD
01-23-2010, 11:07 AM
sounds to me like you might have the leaf spring in a bind. i would try to lower your jack, and try again.

when i installed my drop, i had to beat the bolts out as well. and IIRC, im thinking they did have a looong ass thread. hope that helps