PDA

View Full Version : 100k mile maintenance?

Misfit
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
In another 100 miles, my Titan hits the 100k mark. I already have a new set of spark plugs, belt and transmission hoses waiting for a nice day to install.

My biggest concern is the transmission. I had Nissan flush the tranny at 60k. As I understand it, the fluid show now only be drained and refilled. So with 40,000 miles of spirited driving since the last change, is it ok to service it again? I don't want to buy a new tranny because the old one crapped out after a fluid change.

I also had the cooling system flushed at 60k, and at 78k it was flushed again when I changed the radiator out.

What else needs to be done?

O-Fivecc
01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Rear diff oil should be changes. Just do a drain and fill every couple oil changes IMO...Oh yeah, and your blinker fluid

nickspeed
01-20-2010, 10:05 PM
In another 100 miles, my Titan hits the 100k mark. I already have a new set of spark plugs, belt and transmission hoses waiting for a nice day to install.

My biggest concern is the transmission. I had Nissan flush the tranny at 60k. As I understand it, the fluid show now only be drained and refilled. So with 40,000 miles of spirited driving since the last change, is it ok to service it again? I don't want to buy a new tranny because the old one crapped out after a fluid change.

I also had the cooling system flushed at 60k, and at 78k it was flushed again when I changed the radiator out.

What else needs to be done?

I work at a dealer, O cat's out of the bag! We change the tranny fuild at 30k, just for that reason your talking about. I did mine at 20k and it was changed when jwt did the tranny mod and that was at 30k, so my fuild is nice and clean.

I would go 30k on the coolant. And the stuf you have ready to install on that nice day is what would be changed on a 100k service.