PDA

View Full Version : Are you a packrat???

06_footy
01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
I tend to wait on the good deals when it comes to either suspension parts or performance parts with my titan. Usually i'll take months till i find that right offer and snag that sucker up like a fat kid does french fries. I was the same way with my frontier. I got most of my lift and shocks for little to no cost even new. Its just been in me since i was a kid. I'll have the money but ill dispense it accordingly...just wondering if anyone else is the same way ??

:banana-mario:

Misfit
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you are more of a tightwad than a packrat. http://domesticlugnuts.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/jester.gif

06_footy
01-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Sounds like you are more of a tightwad than a packrat. http://domesticlugnuts.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/jester.gif

i cant stop laughing.....:laughing1:

I tend to be that way at times. Im very decisive on how its spent on my ride. :rotflmao:

Warp09
01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I can be that way sometimes. Usually now more than ever before since I am in college. Just wait and as soon as I see something, it's all mine

O-Fivecc
01-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I started out like that. I got 18" LE rims/tires for free to replace my XE 17" steelies. Then got OEM 20's with tires for $500 off CL and sold the 18's for $250. Bought a used JBA muffler and used Zoomers Y-pipe was my first exhaust. Then bought a whole JBA catback used for $192...Got my LCD monitors used for $100. The Nismo intake I am running is used, got it for $170 off ebay. Have the rear 3" drop Springtech leafs and Belltech drop shocks in the garage, got em used. Got my slicks used for $100 or CL. Got my 16" Chevy rims for $20 off CL. My Nitrous was used got it for $300 off CL....I wanted a Chrome rear bumper when I got my truck, so I waited till I got rear-end to get one so the insurance company paid for it.....I got Uprev used....I have like 6 Chevy/Titan wheels laying around. I even wait till Movies hit the 4 for $20 rack at Blockbuster before I buy them......May not be a packrat, but I do try to find the best deals.

Rook
01-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Im the same way man...but if i need it enough I'll snag it even without a deal...i just try to make friends with the people (smaller companies) i buy from so it doesnt cost as much the next time ;)

06_footy
01-19-2010, 04:15 PM
I started out like that. I got 18" LE rims/tires for free to replace my XE 17" steelies. Then got OEM 20's with tires for $500 off CL and sold the 18's for $250. Bought a used JBA muffler and used Zoomers Y-pipe was my first exhaust. Then bought a whole JBA catback used for $192...Got my LCD monitors used for $100. The Nismo intake I am running is used, got it for $170 off ebay. Have the rear 3" drop Springtech leafs and Belltech drop shocks in the garage, got em used. Got my slicks used for $100 or CL. Got my 16" Chevy rims for $20 off CL. My Nitrous was used got it for $300 off CL....I wanted a Chrome rear bumper when I got my truck, so I waited till I got rear-end to get one so the insurance company paid for it.....I got Uprev used....I have like 6 Chevy/Titan wheels laying around. I even wait till Movies hit the 4 for $20 rack at Blockbuster before I buy them......May not be a packrat, but I do try to find the best deals.
Yeah thats how i am with things as well. Also looking to upgrade to a better deal haha

Im the same way man...but if i need it enough I'll snag it even without a deal...i just try to make friends with the people (smaller companies) i buy from so it doesnt cost as much the next time ;)

^I tend to know the right people at the right time to help me out ;)