Thread: Power Loss from Cracked Manifolds?

Thanks

Default Power Loss from Cracked Manifolds?

I've had cracked manifolds for at least 10k miles. No codes thrown though.

Do cracked manifolds cause much of a power loss? My truck just doesn't feel that fast, and after my embarassing run with a Ford Ranger, I quit racing people. lol

I'm just trying to figure out if my truck is really slow, or it's just me. If I had a track near the house, I'd find out for sure.

Hmmm, maybe a G-Tech would help? I know a few back roads I could run the 1/4.

Thanks

Cracked manifolds cause two immediate problems. Exhaust pushes and sucks. So having a cracked manifold will cause valve damage. It will also causepremature catalyst wear. Which will have material suck back in the engine causing ring damage.

Thanks

And yes it can and will hurt performance
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by O-Fivecc View Post
    And yes it can and will hurt performance
    You should sell me your Nismo LT headers.

Thanks

but your selling UPREV....You know if I sold you them then you would sell them in a week or 2 LOL...JK...Nah I can't bring myself to sell those. Re-thinking selling the Nitrous too. I put so much work and money into this truck to see it go to crap
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

If your manifolds cracked, the most logical solution would be buying a set of DT'S . A lot less expensive , and a whole lot more power.

Thanks

Just replace it with a new one.

Banned
    Thanks

i just changed my exhaust manifold a couple months back and....wow....night and day in performance. i was having trouble in my 4.0 getting up hills with my crack. my engine sounded like a diesel (and drank gas like a V8) tho..not a vacuum. does the sound have a "sucking" sound to it? you might want to check your air intake, and maybe throttle body...just a thought.

my opinion....dont worry about the cat until the government tells you to come in for emissions....then fix that...fix the exhaust manifold and you will immediately feel a performance upgrade...i can say this from experience in changing my own...your vacuum might be completely different.

but all i can say is that i am sooooo glad i changed it myself do to money purposes. 1000 for the job from my mechanic that ive been going to for my entire life or hmmmmmm 100 shipped to my door, 25 bucks in beers and an afternoon with my brother in law....easy choice for me...

Thread Information