Thread: PowerBurnout Mod-

Thanks

Default PowerBurnout Mod-

Power Burnout/AntiTheft Mod-Brake Pedal w/Pics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS NOW ALSO KNOWN AS THE ANTI THEFT MOD. DOING THIS MOD ENABLES YOU TO KEEP THE TRUCK FROM SHIFTING OUT OF PARK W/ SWITCH IN MOD ON POSITION. WITH A SMALL HIDDEN SWITCH THIS MOD IS ALMOST UNDETECTABLE.

The way I know I believe is only for floor shift (center console) models.

What you'll need:

1-switch-Radio Shack or Pepboys-however fancy you wanna get.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2062523&cp

2'-3' 18ga. wire

2-18ga.(red) crimps http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

2-female, or male blade connectors 18ga.(red) or solder and iron depending on your switch http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR-DON'T BUY CHEAP CRIMPS OR CONNECTORS!!!!!

A pair electricians pliers(OR a stripper, cutter and crimper or plyers)
    Razor knife
    Optional-electrical tape, wire loom

Ok, look under your dash at the brake pedal. Follow the assembly up and you will see 2 wire harnesses plugged into the assembly, a tan harness and a black harness . The black harness(the bottom one), and is the one you want. The harness will only have 2 wires, a red w/ yellow stripe(don't want to cut) and a red w/ either green or black stripe, which is the wire you want.
    Pic 1. Highlighted in green. Be sure to cut the wire far enough away from the harness to leave room for stripping and crimping.

Slice the protective loom with a razor to give access to the wire. Cut the wire, strip and crimp your new wire to each ends of the cut factory wire. Run/secure your new wire under dash going to your switch location, and connect them to your switch using either male/female blades or solider. You can wire loom and tape if you wish to make your install factory clean. That's it!

Here's a pic of my switch- Pic 2. (Which will be redone shortly to the way I did in Pic 3.)

And Pic 3 is of how I did Penguin's(very stealthy!)Thanks to TitanSE for the idea!

The bottom dash panel comes off by 2 screws in the bottom corners, then gently pull on panel straight out. You can see one screw in Pic3.

You are basically putting a switch on the red w/ green(or black) wire circuit. You'll know when the power burn mod is "on" cuz you will have no brake lights and you won't be able to shift out of park. This is good, so you won't be drive around all the time with it on. With the Mod off, everything is normal.

Happy modding.

Big thanks to KingBean for the idea!

"It's like buying a computer but not being able to complete the transaction without the internet...like fuck that!"
    2006 Bronze Titan 2wd
    Club president (FNA), NOAS, IRC VK56 MEMBER
    www.myspace.com/unawareconception
    http://www.myspace.com/floridanissanassociation
    Best time so far...
    15.19 @92.49 w/ 6.5 0-60mph

Thanks

Great job Bro
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Thanks

^Not mine bro...lol sourced from another forum to help out with the information on here. I plan on doing this mod though as i dont have powerlocks in my ride.
    "It's like buying a computer but not being able to complete the transaction without the internet...like fuck that!"
    2006 Bronze Titan 2wd
    Club president (FNA), NOAS, IRC VK56 MEMBER
    www.myspace.com/unawareconception
    http://www.myspace.com/floridanissanassociation
    Best time so far...
    15.19 @92.49 w/ 6.5 0-60mph

Thanks

My under standing this will not work on 08 & up with VDC. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

what if your an 08+ without vdc?
    08.5 SE CC IRC VK56 CLUB MEMBER AKA: ramennoodle whore™
    warning: objects in mirror are losing!

Mods: UPREV TUNED, K&N cai,tb spacer,screen delete, JBA headers,no cats,custom 2.25" exhaust, 2 40s fm's dumped,McGaughys 2"-3" drop,22" Milannis,debadged,Chrome upgrade,9" billet antenna,5% tint,t-rex billet grill,painted armada air dam,wiper cowl and wipers,smoked tails,keystone goodhood
    Headlight mod ( Thanks to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd ) 8k lows & fogs
    Waiting for Trutrac&90mm TB

Thread Information