Some more advice on particular mods....

RelentlessRpm Catch Can install.

Normally I dont take the time to post how-to's on any forum but my home spot (formats differences make it time consuming) but I think what RelentlessRPM (Brad) is doing for us is great so I am posting this to promote his efforts.... Thanks Brad!

Why a Catch Can?

Quote:
PCV systems at best is pretty ineffective. This allows oil mist to enter the intake manifold causing undue carbon buildup on the piston tops and valve surfaces and detonation from the contaminated air charge. The catch can goes in-line in you OEM system and due to its design and surface area, condenses these vapors and mist droplets that then fall to the bottom of the can so only the water vapors, unburnt fuel, and combustion blow-by gasses enter as designed. The Result? Little or no oil contamination in the intake air charge and more consistant power and fuel economy. This can is a full one quart capacity, anything less is not as effective due to the surface area cooling needed for the vapors and mist to condense efficiently, and the perforated down tube that evenly disperse the vapors to contact as much surface area as possible. Draining is easy and no tools required.

This install is very easy and Brad at RelentlessRpm ships everything you need for the install except extra hose.. After talking with Brad and asking some questions, I decided to take this easy modification to another level.. My modifications to this mod are not necessary but I decided to put my own twist on it..

1- I decided that I would put an additional “T” in and run a second vacuum line to the intake manifold.
2- I also decided to do away with the drain **** and add a full port ball valve with a drain tube on it to allow for easy draining every time I change my oil..
3- I added some “T’s” and “elbows” for a custom fit.. Not needed but I wanted to do it..

Tools needed:

Flathead screwdriver
10mm wrench or socket or both
Blade to cut hose
Pliers

Optional Tools

1/4" socket to tighten clamps
Pneumatic wrench to make tightening clamps less tedious

Much faster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqzIk...layer_embedded