Thread: seat belt pretensioners

Thanks

Default seat belt pretensioners

I'm trying to check if my seat belt pretensioners are still good or i need to change them. I just purchased the truck and i'm not sure if it was in an accident. what is the resistance i should be looking for at the 2 pins coming out of the tensioner? can someone take a known good unit and check? preferably out of a 2004-2006 model year. My airbag code tells the there is something wrong with the system but nothing specific. i don't want to spend the cash if that is not the problem.

Thanks

so seems like this is a very unique issue i'm having with my Titan. turn out the abs control module checks for a 2 ohm resistance coming from a working pre-tensioner. All i did was put in a 2 ohm resistor across the connector, meaning i bent a 2 ohm resistor in a U shape and plugged it into the holes where the pretensioning unit would normally go. This cleared the blinking airbag light and now i know which unit is faulty. For some Titan trucks a airbag reset procedure is necessary to eliminate the blinking but mine turned off immediately after the first start. Please make sure to disconnect both battery posts before doing anything with the airbag or abs systems.

Thanks

hi mate apology for this question since i am not sure what to do on mine.i am encountering the same and i want to thank you for the advice. but addition to that i really dont know where can i buy or should i say a good store for some nissan parts.can you help me on this? thanks a lot.

Thread Information