Greetings forum lurkers...

I've just bought a new 5.6 Crew Cab LE and am lovin' it. Previous ride was a 750 BMW and I'm happy to say that at least to about 20MPH or so, the truck is roughly in the same league and acceptable on up from that... The blind spots definitely take getting used to, along with the other things you'd expect when going from a land yacht to a full-sized truck. But again, I'm very happy.

Being a DIY sort of guy, I have a question about disabling the stinkin' key chime. It's annoying, I have to pull the key and toss it on the dash whenever I do anything other than leave the truck and lock the door...

I cruised some of the other forums and some mentioned pin 37 of the BCM, but I never could find out where that is...

Also noticed that it appears that one must remove a panel under the truck when changing the oil filter. Seems a bit harsh to me... If so, what's the chances of the Quik-Lube or equivalent just not doing it and saying they did when you go in for an oil change? Worse, either overtightening or not enough on the bolts holding the pan in so that you go down the road with a big problem?

Thanks for the feedback,

Petrolero