Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off road with DanielK, etc..........

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Default Off road with DanielK, etc..........

A few weeks back Daniel, Sugar, and I spent 4 days camping at Lake Morena. On Friday we left camp at 3pm to scout the trail that we got stuck on a few months before and could not finish the trail. We took his truck only to scout as we wanted to see if my truck had enough clearance to do the trail on Saturday. Well once we got started we just kept going. The trip up took until 9pm. The trail takes you almost to the peak of Mt. Corte Madera @ 6,000 ft then down the other side to Hwy 8. Well we got to the top to find a locked gate. Bad news. It was dark, freakin cold, and late. The trip down was very difficult to say the least. We had given in and planned on spending the night up there. After some prayers, good planning, great driving (yes, I drove a little), we made it through a spot that almost put Daniel’s truck on its side. At one point his back passenger wheel was off the ground and Daniel tells me to grab the side of the bed and hold on……….. Ya right… We took another line with me driving and him spotting and we made it through. We had plenty of beer, water, gas, but no food. We got back to camp around midnight. Let me tell you Capn Morgan never tasted so good. Oh, my truck would never have made it, neither would most 4x’s. His lift, tires, E-locker (which was giving us fits) got us through it. Im sure Daniel will elaborate.

Some pictures..

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Videos... Sorry for the poor quality....

This one is kinda gay… Nice choice of songs Dan.

]
    Last edited by krh2; 07-15-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Full Access Member
    Thanks

More.......

Here is a map of the trails. Not sure which one we were on.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...orralmap.shtml

Full Access Member
    Thanks

One more...

Thanks

Nice! Good times for shure!
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Thanks

yea it was a great time. just the pics and vids do no justice. but we got into more ruff terrain when it got dark.... i teater my truck 3 time, kev thought we were flipping it for sure. haha wish more people could have been with us to experience it. i now have huge chunks missing from my tires. oo well.
    2005 NISSAN TITAN 4X4 CREW CAB, 6INCH FABTECH LIFT, 3INCH PERFORMANCE ACCS LIFT, SHACKLE MOUNTS FLIPPED, CUSTOM SHACKLES, 08 COIL OVER SPRINGS, 38.5X15.5 SUPER SWAMPER RADIALS, 18X10 ULTRA ROGUE WHEELS, SUPER CHIPS CORTEX, VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE, FLOWMASTER EXHAUST, RUNNING BOARDS, LINEX BEDLINER, RANCH HAND REAR BUMPER, PRG SWAY BAR ENDLINKS, PRG DRIVE SHAFT SPACER, TINTED WINDOWS, TINTED TAIL LIGHTS AND 3RD BRAKE LIGHT, ELECTRIC REAR SLIDING WINDOW, E-LOCKER,

Thanks

i hateeeee corral canyon!!!!! UGH! lol nice pics though.. next time you guys are camping hit us up...

2004 KC SE 2WD
    8in CST lift
    3in BODY lift
    Radflo coilovers
    Radflo rear shocks
    Bank exhaust
    K&N intake

Thanks

yea you definetaly have a reason to dislike it. well i moved to sacramento now so wont be campin down there anymore. i hope to check out Tahoe and Rubicon
    2005 NISSAN TITAN 4X4 CREW CAB, 6INCH FABTECH LIFT, 3INCH PERFORMANCE ACCS LIFT, SHACKLE MOUNTS FLIPPED, CUSTOM SHACKLES, 08 COIL OVER SPRINGS, 38.5X15.5 SUPER SWAMPER RADIALS, 18X10 ULTRA ROGUE WHEELS, SUPER CHIPS CORTEX, VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE, FLOWMASTER EXHAUST, RUNNING BOARDS, LINEX BEDLINER, RANCH HAND REAR BUMPER, PRG SWAY BAR ENDLINKS, PRG DRIVE SHAFT SPACER, TINTED WINDOWS, TINTED TAIL LIGHTS AND 3RD BRAKE LIGHT, ELECTRIC REAR SLIDING WINDOW, E-LOCKER,

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titanupgirl425 View Post
    i hateeeee corral canyon!!!!! UGH! lol nice pics though.. next time you guys are camping hit us up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielk View Post
    yea you definetaly have a reason to dislike it. well i moved to sacramento now so wont be campin down there anymore. i hope to check out Tahoe and Rubicon
    Yup, I need to plan a trip up there and do some offf road/fishing with you guys.

Thanks

well thats gay! lol

2004 KC SE 2WD
    8in CST lift
    3in BODY lift
    Radflo coilovers
    Radflo rear shocks
    Bank exhaust
    K&N intake

Thread Information