A few weeks back Daniel, Sugar, and I spent 4 days camping at Lake Morena. On Friday we left camp at 3pm to scout the trail that we got stuck on a few months before and could not finish the trail. We took his truck only to scout as we wanted to see if my truck had enough clearance to do the trail on Saturday. Well once we got started we just kept going. The trip up took until 9pm. The trail takes you almost to the peak of Mt. Corte Madera @ 6,000 ft then down the other side to Hwy 8. Well we got to the top to find a locked gate. Bad news. It was dark, freakin cold, and late. The trip down was very difficult to say the least. We had given in and planned on spending the night up there. After some prayers, good planning, great driving (yes, I drove a little), we made it through a spot that almost put Daniel’s truck on its side. At one point his back passenger wheel was off the ground and Daniel tells me to grab the side of the bed and hold on……….. Ya right… We took another line with me driving and him spotting and we made it through. We had plenty of beer, water, gas, but no food. We got back to camp around midnight. Let me tell you Capn Morgan never tasted so good. Oh, my truck would never have made it, neither would most 4x’s. His lift, tires, E-locker (which was giving us fits) got us through it. Im sure Daniel will elaborate.

Some pictures..