Thread: recall fuel level sending unit parts restriction lifted

Thanks

Default recall fuel level sending unit parts restriction lifted

Ok guys & gals go get your fuel level sending units fixed. The parts restriction has been lifted. This means that the parts can be ordered in bulk. Remember when you take it in to have this done PLEASE HAVE LESS THAN 1/2 TANK. Make you apointment with your dealer so they can have plenty on hand when you get there. This is not something you can wait on.

Thanks

When was this recall?

Thanks

Why is it something we can't wait on?

Thanks

It takes a while to drop the tank & replace the sending unit. So plan to leave it there for the day so they can work it into the shop.

Thanks

I have been talking to the dealership for the past week and here is what I have deduced:

1) They don't want to do it. I think they see it as nothing more than a waste of their time and they really aren't making any money doing it. So, if you want to have it done, you need to be on them constantly. For example, I first talked to them two weeks ago and they told me they would let me know when the next shipment came in because they were "out", I call back a week later and they had already gone through two new shipments so I will be in the next one...hopefully.

2) It will take aprox. three hours to do if you have an appointment and a reliable dealership. From who I have talked to they were able to drop it off in the morning and pick it up same day!

3) Go in with less than a half tank. One of the local service managers told me "oh yeah it doesn't matter how much gas you have, but then i found out that if you have more than a half tank they will just dump your gas until they reach the point they need too.

Hope this helps!
    2005 TITAN XE 2WD

Exterior Mods: 35" BFG A/T's, 17" Ballistic Wizards, DEBADGED, DIY Custom Engine Cover, 2" Procomp Leveling kit, DDM 6K 35W HID Lows, ALL LED Exterior Lights, Tinted Tails and Third Brake Light
    Interior Mods: Kenwood KVT-514 7” touch screen h/u, Iphone 3gs Adapter, LED map and Dome lights
    Performance Mods: Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant CAI with K&N Filter.
    BEDLINED: Rear Bumper, Wiper Cowl, Third Brake Light Caps Inside T, Bedsides, Tailgate Bib, Stock Grill & Burger

Thanks

Were doing at least 5-10 a day between titans and frontiers and X's.
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Thanks

we are not doing about that many. I hope we start doing more because this is not a cheap recall & it doesnt count towards the warranty numbers.

Thread Information