Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grounding Kit, surprised

Full Access Member mde's04Titan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Grounding Kit, surprised

Well, let me start by saying that this is something I've put on the back burner, always thought of it as not really necessary, but couldn't hurt, so I'll get to it later...and so on.

Well I got around to making my own "kit" up, and installing it today. I simply used real good quality 8g oxygen free copper wire, cut to the lengths and installed all via the instructions of Active Tuning. I will say, that this is something I definitely give more than "it couldn't hurt"!!!

I will not pretend to quote gains in horsepower or torque, but it's as if the entire truck is just a bit smoother, with the most noticeable change being in the transmission. My truck has absolutely no problem getting into overdrive now and achieving torque converter lock-up. Before, it was an effort of backing off the gas pedal some once I got up to speed, and then waiting for this. Gear changes in general seem more deliberate and right on time, manual mode is shifting just a bit quicker. Before, well, there was definitely a tad of a delay, lol, or I wouldn't have noticed a difference.

And on top of that, my voltage is not dropping as badly when my subs puke out their ridiculous amounts of base, haha. It's even about a needle's width higher on the gauge than before.

I feel as if this is definitely something worth serious consideration by others.

Peace....
    Last edited by mde's04Titan; 02-26-2010 at 11:53 PM.
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mde's04Titan For This Useful Post:

TITNTUFF (03-01-2010)

Full Access Member SiMpLyMoDiFiEd's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been trying to tell people for months now

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations Pit Crew"

My Truck Featured Here!!
    Need Headlight Mod Done? LMK I have Many Happy Customers on the site!

Full Access Member
    Thanks

ill probably give it a shot

Thanks

lmk if you wanna buy one instead of trying to make it yourself!

My Truck Featured Here!!

Thanks

Yeah, I've had my truck for 5 yrs and 7 months now, and this is like it renewed it some.... I think it is worthy of the labor, but some say they have seen no difference. I personally did, and I try to be objective and not biased. I hooked up the two easy grounds (battery to body, and drivers side valve cover to body) two days ago, and saw no change at all, then I hooked up the tranny one and the alternator one today, and voila!
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Thanks

I have been trying to tell people for months now

LOL you certainly did. We had our whole issue with that on here. Maybe some of us should have listened to you instead of questioned you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 CC LE 4X4 BT
    All The Bells And
    Whistles And Then
    Some
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

I guess I'll give it a shot too....I guuuuueeeeess
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

lol

My Truck Featured Here!!

Thanks

All I can say is that I hope that it does for everyone what it is doing for me! A day later, driving on rolling hills, banked downhill curves, and am just shocked that just creating better paths of ground can improve things such as it has done on mine. It feels that downshifts(holdback engine braking) on hills are coming with better timing, and then on the flip side, its holding uphill acceleration in overdrive longer before it drops a gear. Seems like around here, it was shifting in and out of overdrive a lot more often than it is now. I really can't see how this wouldn't show up as a slight power increase, and I'm speculating that it will probably improve my mpg, that would be a bonus!

Thanks

If you go here! http://www.groundinggear.com/GroundingGear®%20Dynos.htm There are dyno sheets from G35s that show a good amount of HP gains!

My Truck Featured Here!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd For This Useful Post:

mde's04Titan (02-27-2010)

Thread Information