Thread: Odd Looking Muffler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Odd Looking Muffler

I'm a long time fan of the old bullet style glasspack muffler. I use to run nothing but them on my hot rods. I was doing a little muffler searching and came across this. Has anybody seen this muffler used and how do you think it would work. Its certainly a simple straight forward concept. I think....LOL

Its actually a Thrush Glasspack. Its fully reversible and is 33 1/2" long with a 2 1/2" in/dual 2 1/4" outs or 29" long with 3" in/dual 2 1/2" outs. I don't think its a new product but i had never seen it before.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 CC LE 4X4 BT
    All The Bells And
    Whistles And Then
    Some
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

In the 70"s an aquaintance used to get his glasspacks hot and run a waterhose in them, made quite a difference in sound

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TITNTUFF View Post
    In the 70"s an aquaintance used to get his glasspacks hot and run a waterhose in them, made quite a difference in sound
    We used to run headers with glasspacks and no tailpipes at all. We would downshift to bring the rpm's up and then turn the key off. Then you pumped the shit out of the throttle and held it to the floor while you turned the key back on.........BOOM that sucker would shoot 4 ft.. flames out both sides. LOL That worked with the old carbed engines where it still pumped gas with the key off. It didn't take long to burn the packing out on a set of mufflers. Thats the sound we were going for, the louder the better. Ain't no wonder i can't hear shit anymore. The good ole days.....young and dumb.
    2004 CC LE 4X4 BT
    All The Bells And
    Whistles And Then
    Some

Thanks

That is a funny looking cherrybomb.
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Thanks

I ran zoomies on the old dodge. You could see straight thru them and they exited out the sides in front of the rear tires with 4 pipes.
    A 360 with a holly 4 barrel could peel the paint off the sides!
    Yes, I have nerve damage in my ears....
    like you said, young and dumb, but I thought I would get smarter as I got older...

Thanks

The absolute best muffler for your titan is a stock replacement magnaflow.I ran a best of 14.60 @ 94 mph.HMC CC 2wd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    The absolute best muffler for your titan is a stock replacement magnaflow.I ran a best of 14.60 @ 94 mph.HMC CC 2wd
    +1 with this comment. Simple but every effective application.

Thanks

I haven't seen it before. I have a magnaflow exhaust installed on my ride.

Thread Information