Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transgo kit on the way!!

Thanks

I saw that... not sure if it addresses the spring in question. The "updated" PDF shows and instructs you to remove it, but I need to find put from Tommy what the deal is and how the spring affects performance. To me Steve's shifts perfectly. But, some may be expecting a little firmer shifting. Perhaps the spring addresses this...
    Last edited by Gary748; 02-09-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks

I think that without the spring it shifts firmer.
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by von View Post
    I think that without the spring it shifts firmer.
    That's the assumption but I'd like to know for sure. Taking the VB out is a PITA and the tranny fluid is way too expensive to guess... Hopefully we can get an answer from Transgo.

Thanks

has anyone called transgo yet?
    08.5 SE CC IRC VK56 CLUB MEMBER AKA: ramennoodle whore™
    warning: objects in mirror are losing!

Mods: UPREV TUNED, K&N cai,tb spacer,screen delete, JBA headers,no cats,custom 2.25" exhaust, 2 40s fm's dumped,McGaughys 2"-3" drop,22" Milannis,debadged,Chrome upgrade,9" billet antenna,5% tint,t-rex billet grill,painted armada air dam,wiper cowl and wipers,smoked tails,keystone goodhood
    Headlight mod ( Thanks to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd ) 8k lows & fogs
    Waiting for Trutrac&90mm TB

Thanks

I think I'm going to have the spring taken out. After talking to KHA, I think it would shift harder without the spring. I doubt it can shift any faster then mine does now, but the once or twice I got the very aggressive shift, is probably what it is like without the spring all the time. My shifts are seamless now, but, we will probably take it back out. Randy said he could do it no problem.
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

sweet let us know what you find out
    08.5 SE CC IRC VK56 CLUB MEMBER AKA: ramennoodle whore™
    warning: objects in mirror are losing!

Mods: UPREV TUNED, K&N cai,tb spacer,screen delete, JBA headers,no cats,custom 2.25" exhaust, 2 40s fm's dumped,McGaughys 2"-3" drop,22" Milannis,debadged,Chrome upgrade,9" billet antenna,5% tint,t-rex billet grill,painted armada air dam,wiper cowl and wipers,smoked tails,keystone goodhood
    Headlight mod ( Thanks to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd ) 8k lows & fogs
    Waiting for Trutrac&90mm TB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by O-Fivecc View Post
    I think I'm going to have the spring taken out. After talking to KHA, I think it would shift harder without the spring. I doubt it can shift any faster then mine does now, but the once or twice I got the very aggressive shift, is probably what it is like without the spring all the time. My shifts are seamless now, but, we will probably take it back out. Randy said he could do it no problem.
    IMHO, we need to do a little more research my friend. Shifting harder isn't necessarily a good thing. While the "chirping" may sound cool it's also taking it's toll on your drive train. Sacrificing longevity and driveability for a slightly quicker shift isn't gonna cut it for me. If removing the spring increases the line pressure to the point that it will "chirp" on the 1-2 shift all the time with 1/2 throttle or more, say bye, bye to the stock tranny and you'd better have AAA on speed dial.

We need to call Transgo and find out what that spring does...

It's my understanding that this kit was tested and designed on a 350z not a Titan, so all the input data was from a vehicle with less power that's a lot lighter than our trucks...

I agree that the shifting in your truck is very quick and smooth as it is. So why risk it? I know you have an extended warranty but it can be a hugh PITA to file a claim. Plus with your truck having so many mods there is always the chance it gets denied...

Perhaps I'm over thinking this or being too cautious... I just don't want this mod to turn out to be cause for headache down the road.

Maybe we can have Randy remove the spring on Carl's T this weekend and go from there?
    Last edited by Gary748; 02-10-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks

Interesting! We need to find out.
    2005 Nissan Titan SE KC FFV
    "IRC VK56 MEMBER"

Custom 4"Ram Air / Custom Fujita CAI / '08 IM / AirRaid TBS / Nismo LT Header's / UpRev Osiris Custom Tuned / Trans. Cooler / Catch Can / TruTrac / Banks Monster Exhaust / Mickey Thompson ET Street P295/45R/17 DR's

13.91 @ 96.82MPH
    60' - 1.90
    1/8 - 8.85 @ 77.17MPH

Thanks

Well, the directions do say to remove it....but I don't even know what it does...."Input clutch spring"
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Full Access Member
    Thanks

just because ur line pressure goes up and ur tires chirping doesnt necessarily mean ur transmission will get fried because of it. everytime i take my truck out for a spin i try her out and the tranny is still holding up 100%

Thread Information