Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little disappointed...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
    I dunno what year your truck is but I have an 08 with a FM 50 and a drop in with just those mods I ran 15.03 after my hand held I hit 14.73
    Yeah that's exactly why I was a little disappointed, I have an 08 with a K&N Filter, FM super 44, and superchips on 87 Octane.

O-FiveCC
    Exactly, your 60' time would have probably sucked (probably a 2.5) on the street. You should be able to pull al 2.1 or 2.2 at the track, and they say every .1 gained in the 60', is worth .2 in the 1/4 mile....thats what they say anyway
    Lol, yeah you nailed my 60' dead on at 2.5 sec...

Do you think 3/4 of a tank, FST, and bad tires would justify my times?
    IRC VK56 MEMBER
    Dyno'd Stock
    290HP 330lb/ft TQ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechTitan08 View Post
    Do you think 3/4 of a tank, FST, and bad tires would justify my times?
    I think it did. I see you have a tool box in the bed. If you can get that out and get your gas to 1/4 or less. It would lower your times. Also if your at the track do a good burn out and get the tires hot. Ive gone and just lined up without doing a burnout and i get no traction.
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Keep in mind, not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, the data logger isn't golden. The airstrip you were at could've had an incline you didn't notice, bad traction, and the data logger is just that, a logger. Nothing golden like a track would measure...Keep in mind also, DA has a role in everything too.

Don't fret on those times so much, take it to the track and see what she runs. Don't forget to have fun though

Full Access Member mde's04Titan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warp09 View Post
    Keep in mind, not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, the data logger isn't golden. The airstrip you were at could've had an incline you didn't notice, bad traction, and the data logger is just that, a logger. Nothing golden like a track would measure...Keep in mind also, DA has a role in everything too.

Don't fret on those times so much, take it to the track and see what she runs. Don't forget to have fun though
    That's exactly right, those things have to be positioned perfectly to maintain any type of accuracy, and then they still aren't like the timing lights on a track. The handhelds are pretty good for seeing improvements when modding though, before vs after type stuff.
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Thanks

Thanks for the support guys, once I get new tires I'll take a few runs just for kicks to see how it compares. I suppose my time could be a lot better if I prepped my truck up a little more i.e. emptying toolbox, 1/4 tank of gas etc.
    IRC VK56 MEMBER
    Dyno'd Stock
    290HP 330lb/ft TQ

Thanks

Get your new tires and go get some new numbers!
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Thanks

I'm scared to go to the track. I'll probably run something lame, like a 16.5 - lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I'm scared to go to the track. I'll probably run something lame, like a 16.5 - lol
    Don't know till you try! My truck in the 1/8 ran a 10.1 with a perunner bumper and 1/4 tank of gas and 38psi in the tires. I bet my best friend in his 2008 gmc 2500HD with the 6.0L by .2, we had been talking shit sence we both got are trucks over which one was faster and this proven it!
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Thanks

Get some better tires on there & try running at the track.
    2005 Nissan Titan SE KC FFV
    "IRC VK56 MEMBER"

Custom 4"Ram Air / Custom Fujita CAI / '08 IM / AirRaid TBS / Nismo LT Header's / UpRev Osiris Custom Tuned / Trans. Cooler / Catch Can / TruTrac / Banks Monster Exhaust / Mickey Thompson ET Street P295/45R/17 DR's

13.91 @ 96.82MPH
    60' - 1.90
    1/8 - 8.85 @ 77.17MPH

Full Access Member
    Thanks

What type of tires? Stock Goodyears? I had my best times/traction with bald goodyear SRAs lol

Thread Information