Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little disappointed...

Thanks

Default Little disappointed...

Took the truck out on a 2 mile long airstrip to datalog on my superchip handheld on the 87 octane tune and ran my best time of 15.5 in the 1/4 and my worst time of 15.71 (shifting manually)

Do those numbers seem a little slow with an 08 exhaust and handheld?
    IRC VK56 MEMBER
    Dyno'd Stock
    290HP 330lb/ft TQ

Thanks

Yeah it seems a bit low. I know I ran 15.2 in my truck with just the AEM intake, BUT do you know how heavy your truck is? Also, remember, at the track you can launch harder since they use sticky VHT, which i'm sure is worth a couple tenths. How much gas did you have?
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

I think they are. My truck ran a 14.79. All i had was an UpRev tune and 4" ram air.
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Thanks

I had about 3/4 of a tank of gas, but I thought for sure I'd be low 15's high 14's. Am I expecting too much?
    IRC VK56 MEMBER
    Dyno'd Stock
    290HP 330lb/ft TQ

Thanks

No those are good expectations. Get the gas to less than 1/4. Also take out any weight you don't need. Also don't stall it in the staging lanes. I just floor it on the 3rd amber and it hauls.
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Thanks

No you should be high 14's low 15's, but its hard to say without running at the actual track. 3/4 tank of gas is a lot too LOL
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Haha good, my I'm getting some new tires soon so hopefully that will improve my time too, I couldn't hardly floor it without burning rubber.
    IRC VK56 MEMBER
    Dyno'd Stock
    290HP 330lb/ft TQ

Thanks

Exactly, your 60' time would have probably sucked (probably a 2.5) on the street. You should be able to pull al 2.1 or 2.2 at the track, and they say every .1 gained in the 60', is worth .2 in the 1/4 mile....thats what they say anyway

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Full Access Member Twistedfreedom's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno what year your truck is but I have an 08 with a FM 50 and a drop in with just those mods I ran 15.03 after my hand held I hit 14.73

Thanks

What kind of handheld twist?
    IRC VK56 Member

Thread Information