Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TransGo shift kit installed, and opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default TransGo shift kit installed, and opinions

I had mine installed today. Just for any of you in Florida, we have a guy who does them for $120, but you have to bring over some Bud Select in the bottles, some brake cleaner spray, and a box of blue shop towels LOL. This kit is amazing, it shift so quickly. There almost isn't even a shift anymore LOL. It jerks you back a bit in your seat and the shifts are quick and deliberate. It is very driveable at normal acceleration. You notice it on the normal driving shifts, but not very much. Mainly, at low acceleration, you don't have the jerk, just a quick shift. Anyone on the fence about this mod needs to do, and we have a good installer here in FL

Need 9 qts of trans fluid,
    Last edited by O-Fivecc; 01-31-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Sounds awesome! Will it bark the tires when shifting under WOT?

What part of FL and how long does it take? I'm due a tax refund in a few weeks. It could be a good excuse to cruise down to FL.

Thanks

Central Florida near Orlando. I did not bark the tires, but it supposed to be more aggressive shifting when your manually shifting, and I didn't try that yet. Takes about 4 hours
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Full Access Member SiMpLyMoDiFiEd's Avatar
    Thanks

how much for peoples info

Thanks

The kit can be had for $219, you have to contact Thrust Titan on CT or TT to get that price

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by O-Fivecc View Post
    The kit can be had for $219, you have to contact Thrust Titan on CT or TT to get that price
    Guess i found a nice little something to spend my tax return on
    "It's like buying a computer but not being able to complete the transaction without the internet...like fuck that!"
    2006 Bronze Titan 2wd
    Club president (FNA), NOAS, IRC VK56 MEMBER
    www.myspace.com/unawareconception
    http://www.myspace.com/floridanissanassociation
    Best time so far...
    15.19 @92.49 w/ 6.5 0-60mph

Thanks

Very cool to know...
    "It's like buying a computer but not being able to complete the transaction without the internet...like fuck that!"
    2006 Bronze Titan 2wd
    Club president (FNA), NOAS, IRC VK56 MEMBER
    www.myspace.com/unawareconception
    http://www.myspace.com/floridanissanassociation
    Best time so far...
    15.19 @92.49 w/ 6.5 0-60mph

Thanks

I think this is going to be one of my next mods.
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Thanks

I'm sorry, I was wrong about my explanation with this kit, its not as good as I thought.....Its 100 fucking times better lol. Driving it in D is great, but man, try shifting this thing manually, and your truck will feel like it is seriously going to get airborne and leap off the ground in the 1-2 shift. No exaggeration whatsoever, it literally leaps forward on that first shift, it caught me off guard. I had heard it was more aggressive feeling in manual mode, but I didn't think it was like that. Honestly, just the leap your truck does after the 1-2 shift should help 1/4 mile times, much less the fact the shift time is cut down by 1/4. This IMO needs to be the first mod done for anyone who is going to start adding a few mods to their truck.

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Nice. Did you chirp the tires?
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Thread Information