Thread: 2009 Bench Seat Center Folddown Armrest Removal

Thanks

Default 2009 Bench Seat Center Folddown Armrest Removal

I would like to replace the vinyl cover on the center armrest. I have gotten the cover apart so I can get to the fabric but to put the new fabric in and secure it to the top cover, it would appear that the bottom part, which is the hinged part attached to the folding armrest, should be taken off so that proper pressure can be applied to get the two pieces of the plastic cover properly aligned and snapped back together. Any screws or bolts holding the hinge on the seat are not visible. Does anyone know how to access them? Is it necessary to remove the hinged part of the cover to get the two pieces properly aligned? Any help or suggestions would be clearly appreciated!

Thanks

I took the truck to a local upholster and he showed me that there are two pins holding the cover on. You have to insert a knife blade or similar tool on both sides of the center plastic hinge and pry the pins towards the outside. Once they have started to move, grab the pins on the outside of the hinges with a pliers and remove them. The whole armrest comes off at that point.
    Last edited by ChuckMcD; 03-10-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Thread Information