I see alot of you that have problems with dealerships & alot of the time call them stealerships. I know that some dealers go to extreams sometimes. Saying things like the timing advance will void the warranty or your aftermarket exhaust voids your ac warranty. Not all dealers are like this.
Also I see alot of threads of dealers that cant fix the vehicles. I have taken some time & started reading some of the diagnostic proceedures on different things. The info that nissan provides to the dealer to properly diagnose your vehilce in some cases is total BS. When a dealer is having problems diagnosing you vehicle look up the diagnostic procedure on the net. Most of what a dealer has is on the net. Try to follow a wire diagram for one of the newer vehicles. You will be as confused as the dealer tech. When the Tech go to training they get trained on what nissan thinks is going to break not what happens in the real world.
If you are going to complain about the dealer then take it to an independed shop & see what happens or try to fix it yourself. The labor rate might be lower but what kind of experence is that tech going to have.
If a dealer trys to tell you something is not covered under warranty then call consumer affairs. That is what they are for.
So with all that being said flame me if you want. Call me every name in the book. You will not hurt my feelings. I am just giving you a perspective from the other side.