Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your Titan feel it's age?

Thanks

Default Does your Titan feel it's age?

My 05, with 100k on the clock, is sure feeling it's age. When it's cold outside, I get random squeaks that come and go. The handling seems less sporty and the seat bolsters aren't supportive like they used to be. Add to the mix little dings and scratches.

It makes me want to trade it in for a newer truck. I found a slate gray Tundra SR5 RCSB 5.7 with 25k miles for $18k. On the other hand, the Titan still runs good and best of all, it's paid for. That makes all the little faults easy to over look. lol
    Last edited by Misfit; 01-20-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks

Mine does have all those little nicks and dings, but driveable wise feels good. Well, except for my TC or Tranny issue, but thts not my trucks fault LOL, thats my fault for hitting the track so much. My truck still feels young, but is looking a bit older with some faded trim and knicks and scrapes
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Kind of. But like ofive said it drives like a beast.
    IRC VK56 Member
    Mods:UpRev Tuned, 4" Ram Air Mod, TB Bypass, PGM with Nismo CAI, Doug Thorley LT's, 2.25" B-pipes with no cats, 07 IM, and 07 exhaust with magnaflow muffler. New times coming soon

Thanks

Mine also has mood swings. Some days, it feels really strong. Other days, it feels weak. I still think the cracked manifolds have something to do with it.

Full Access Member dezert-hooligan's Avatar
    Thanks

squeaks are inevitable but get some bilstein shock replacements to get those god-awfully HORRIBLE oem shocks out of their and the ride will be firmer and much more improved from how it is driving now. it'll even feel new! have your truck claybarred and then polished and waxed and the finish will return to a beautiful shine. performance wise for increased feel in power perhaps getting some hi-flow cats and a custom exhaust could help. i'm sure the performance enthusiasts could offer some suggestions.
    <_____>

Thanks

I got 30K on the clock and it still feel as good as the day I got it. We I have changed a lot so that might help thiings.
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dezert-hooligan View Post
    performance wise for increased feel in power perhaps getting some hi-flow cats and a custom exhaust could help. i'm sure the performance enthusiasts could offer some suggestions.
    I've had all sorts of goodies, from UpRev to PGM to DT headers. Seems like every time I buy a mod, I wind up selling it for one reason or another.

Full Access Member SiMpLyMoDiFiEd's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is a 08 with 27k and it feels 10yrs old lol is had lots of issues and not one issues did the dealer fix I was told " excessive use" on everything
    Last edited by SiMpLyMoDiFiEd; 01-20-2010 at 10:15 PM.

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations Pit Crew"

My Truck Featured Here!!
    Need Headlight Mod Done? LMK I have Many Happy Customers on the site!

Full Access Member mde's04Titan's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say that I've got a gem. Does it feel it's age--shoot no, I love it more today than the day I bought it. I do however need to look into some new shocks/struts, still got the factory one's, lol. 54k on it now, BTW
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Thanks

If your considering shocks, then I say do some Bilstein's like dh said. I forgot about those. i have to say that is a big reason my truck still feels good. I have Bilstein 5100's in the rear and Hellwig helper springs. My healper springs had come loose, causing all inds of pops and cracks. Now that i tightened them up, they along with the 5100's make my truck feel unbelieveable. It take bumps like a caddy and handles like an x-runner (not really, but you get the point)....100% worth-it upgrade
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thread Information