Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC/WEC thread

Full Access Member dezert-hooligan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepertrk View Post
    Thats the thing with BJ though. There have been alot of top notch fighters that have thought that way and lost. Matt Hughes, Diego Sanchez, Sean Sherk to name just a few of his victims. Don't get me wrong, i thought the same as you for a long time.
    the new BJ with his new training regiment is at this point unstoppable at 155... sure someone along the way may get lucky or he loses that edge but right now and in his last 2 fights he's the best i've seen him in terms of strength and conditioning. marinovich really has him training hard... for once in his career. did i leave out gsp on purpose? not really... i was just naming the fighters i enjoy watching. i like to watch GsP only if he's getting his ass handed to him. hate seeing that piece of sh!t, jean claude van damn sounding motherfucker!!!! i do respect the fact that he is pound for pound the best fighter right there with anderson silva but i just despise the guy regardless of how hard he trains, how good he is and how athletic he is. gotta hate somebody and he is one person i fucking HATE... hate because i'm sick of douchebags blah blah blahbahing how good he is, how awesome he is, how he'll beat everyone... fuck that guy! i don't need much of a reason to hate someone but that alone irks the living hell out of me. kind of like how Patriot fans are arrogant fucks because their team is...correction, was good. oh and Sleeper.. don't forget that Kenny DickFlo Florian along with Diego were talking shit and how they were gonna beat BJ into a pulp... looks like they dove into a wood-chipper after BJ was done whoopin' their asses! also Frank Mir... have you seen him lately? 205 for Mir??? not gonna happen ever.. his discipline right now and his training regiment is focused strictly on bulking up to the size and girth of Lesnar whilst maintaining a cardio level of that of a 145 pounder... he's training harder and more disciplined than he's ever trained before. i feel that once Lesnar becomes healthy and in shape to fight again that Mir will take him. just my opinion but i'm confident Mir will give Lesnar one hell of a fight the next time around.
    <_____>

Thanks

I saw on ESPN last night as i was going to bed that Brock Lesnar told ESPN that he is healthy now and ready to fight. He will fight the winner of Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin which by the way will be Shane's biggest test and ought to be one hell of a fight in itself. After Frank wins that one then we'll get to see the new Frank get some payback on Brock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepertrk View Post
    I saw on ESPN last night as i was going to bed that Brock Lesnar told ESPN that he is healthy now and ready to fight. He will fight the winner of Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin which by the way will be Shane's biggest test and ought to be one hell of a fight in itself. After Frank wins that one then we'll get to see the new Frank get some payback on Brock.
    who knows? shane may get lucky again and knock mir out... lol... doubt it. Frank should either knock Carwin out or bust out a big toe lock submission hold on carwin, LOL... can't wait to see the rematch between Mir and Leznerd.
    <_____>

Full Access Member mde's04Titan's Avatar
    Thanks

Carwin is one I haven't seen fight yet. I've heard he's good though??? I would looooooooooooooooove to see Mir shock everyone again and win against Leznar. That would just be awesome. I remember at the last rematch, he stated publicly that he had some "holes" in his game.....but not so publicly, he couldn't quit talking about how big of a "mound of meat" Leznar was, and how that was going to present problems for just about anyone in the class at the moment.

Wasn't Shane Carwin the one dogging out Leznar on his (Shane's) website after the last Mir rematch, and before that even?? I thought he had "issues" with the UFC?? So he's in now?? When's the fight??
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Thanks

Yeah i think your thinking of Fedor. He runs his mouth and has been offered all kinds of money and deals by the UFC but he won't come and fight where the real competition is. Shane Carwin is a pretty decent heavyweight but he hasn't really been tested yet in my opinion. He did beat Check Congo which is no slouch but Carwin got his ass beat bad in his win. He has some proving to do in my book. I think Mir will be that test. If he beats Mir, i'll eat my words and call Carwin the man.

Thanks

Actually it was Gabriel Gonzaga he beat not Check Congo. Same story though.

Thanks

Yeah, I knew about Fedor, and his stupid manager who wanted like 50% of the UFC to sign the fight, or something just as stupid....
    2004 Deepwater Blue 2wd XE Crew Cab w/Pop Pkg-non BT--Exterior Mods--Wade In-Channel's; Chrome grill; TFP Stainless Fender Trim; Boss 315 20's machine finish w/silver in-lay; cross drilled and slotted rotors; fact step rails & diff cover from '06--Power Mods--K&N drop in; Factory Air Box mod; 2* timing advance; redone Y-pipe in stock size; Magnaflow 18" SISO w/chrome tip--Interior/Sound Mods--2 MA Audio 10's; Hi-fonics Brutus 1610-D; 2 sets Pioneer TS-D720C's; Autotek 66; Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mde's04Titan View Post
    Yeah, I knew about Fedor, and his stupid manager who wanted like 50% of the UFC to sign the fight, or something just as stupid....
    Fedor should be in the UFC proving himself. pussy if you ask me! like you said sleeper... carwin is pretty badass but unless he beats someone of Mir's skill level he's just another meathead. Mir IS a complete package... Mir's bjj is badass!
    <_____>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dezert-hooligan View Post
    Mir IS a complete package... Mir's bjj is badass!
    Oh yeah, smart and extremely technically proficient!!

Thanks

Mir's biggest problem is himself. I think he gets a little to arogant sometimes and that results in an ass whoopin like Brock put on him last fight. Instead of fighting a pro MMA fight like he should of he played right into Brock's game and well you saw what happened. There is a big difference between cocky and confident. Cocky gets your ass whooped everytime. Confidence gives you that fear and respect of your opponent that allows you to fight for your life and use all the technical skills you've learned. If Mir will get back to the basics, his skill level in MMA,BJJ and just pure experiance should prevail no questions asked. There is no replacement for experiance and Mir knew that but he let his win in the first fight between the two turn his confidence to cockyness in the second fight.

Thread Information