Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pipe sizes and mufflers

Thanks

Yes, but wil the better top-end be too late for the 1/4 mile? I know you both know more about engines and performance then me, but just make sure you don't move the power to high up, your truck may be a beast from 90-130 MPH, but that wouldn't be good at the track LOL.....Ahhhh, just do whatever, exhaust is easy enough to swap around and good to experiment with LOL
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

I learned alot from O-fivecc about exhausts and he goes to the track so has seen a lot of products and setup run down the strip so what he come and tells up is good stuff!

Thanks! I learned a lot from Papa_D, he was the first forum guy I met up with when he did my 2* advance, and we talked many times for over an hour about it because he used to do a lot of research on it. Plus I have probably seen every exhaust set-up ran at the track, which helps me know what is truly performing well.
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Full Access Member
    Thanks

ok what would u suggest with 07+ jwt cams?? i think thats what toomnymods has done as well but without a cutout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Zh8o_i6c
    Last edited by kha4079; 01-20-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by O-Fivecc View Post
    Thanks! I learned a lot from Papa_D, he was the first forum guy I met up with when he did my 2* advance, and we talked many times for over an hour about it because he used to do a lot of research on it. Plus I have probably seen every exhaust set-up ran at the track, which helps me know what is truly performing well.
    See Papa_D took the time to teach you and ur passing that to us and were here to keep passing it to who ever needs it next.
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kha4079 View Post
    ok what would u suggest with 07+ jwt cams?? i think thats what toomnymods has done as well but without a cutout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Zh8o_i6c
    Toomnymods is the one who is paving the way on a lot of what to do and what not to do, but someone has to be the first one to try things! I am always waiting to see what he is going to try next, and hopefully he get his rig all figured out and gets that monster in to the 11's! might have to make him some turbo cams!
    2008 KC XE BT
    Mods: DIY Intake mod, K&N Air filter,JWT CS2 CAMS, 09 piping/12278 18" Magnaflow

Full Access Member dezert-hooligan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickspeed View Post
    JGrace was spin tech! That was a bitchin truck! His TBSS is pretty fuck sick too, he cam to the last SD meet with it.
    went racing up and down the streets with J after he got the exhaust put on. that truck was/is fast as hell... wish i could have snagged his performance mods before he sold it or traded it in...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_UT View Post
    my titan sounds sick with my borla xr-1 imo
    they do sound good, but i'm picky with how it sounds. i've heard em all. and performance is the least of my worries especially coming out of a motor pushing as much power as it is. if the muffler is the last thing one is concerned about it just shows that the performance gain from a muffler is negligible. piping is more important than the actual muffler itself. but as far as the borla xr-1, to me its ehhh... to others its BADASSS... to each his own. some even sound the same. others... have their own unique sound and that... to me... is music to my ears! plus everyone i come across that hears my exhaust, that is not a titan owner says... GoTDAMN that sounds dirty meAn!!!
    Last edited by dezert-hooligan; 01-21-2010 at 05:48 AM.
    <_____>

Thanks

I think Toomnymods had 2.5" b-pipes right? I know he had a JBA catback with 2.25 to 3" y-pipe....I mean look at RBs Titan, he hit over 100 MPH in the 1/4 mile, but I think he ran a 13.9, Which is good, but it looks like he has so much top-end, that he lost enough bottom end to actually make his 1/4 mile time slower. I don't know man, I still like the 2.25 pipes haha, even with cams. Give the 2.5" a shot though, because when I go to get cams, I want to know what exhaust is working the best with them

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Actually, after thinking about it, since we will be having larger TB's and IM's coming out, 2.5 may be best

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

my pos flows are coming off as soon as my income tax gets here.. gonna try a Y-pipe to a borla xr-1 and dump. wanted this setup for a long time but didnt think it was worth spending the money.. but i am hearing more and more people leave flowmaster and getting better perforemance with something else
    08.5 SE CC IRC VK56 CLUB MEMBER AKA: ramennoodle whore™
    warning: objects in mirror are losing!

Mods: UPREV TUNED, K&N cai,tb spacer,screen delete, JBA headers,no cats,custom 2.25" exhaust, 2 40s fm's dumped,McGaughys 2"-3" drop,22" Milannis,debadged,Chrome upgrade,9" billet antenna,5% tint,t-rex billet grill,painted armada air dam,wiper cowl and wipers,smoked tails,keystone goodhood
    Headlight mod ( Thanks to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd ) 8k lows & fogs
    Waiting for Trutrac&90mm TB

Thanks

You should see how bad the inside of a FM is LOL. They had one cut open at the exhaust shop that I got my Hag welded in at. Besides all the normal restrictions in the middle (baffles, triangle things, etc) there was actually 2 one way chambers on both sides of the inlet. Air could go in them, but their was no way for it to ome out unless it went against itself. Basically the air got trapped in there. Of course, they do all that for that nice deep growl, but I couldn't believe the rat maze the air had to go through to get out of the muffler

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thread Information