Thread: Are you a packrat???

Thanks

Default Are you a packrat???

I tend to wait on the good deals when it comes to either suspension parts or performance parts with my titan. Usually i'll take months till i find that right offer and snag that sucker up like a fat kid does french fries. I was the same way with my frontier. I got most of my lift and shocks for little to no cost even new. Its just been in me since i was a kid. I'll have the money but ill dispense it accordingly...just wondering if anyone else is the same way ??

"It's like buying a computer but not being able to complete the transaction without the internet...like fuck that!"
    2006 Bronze Titan 2wd
    Club president (FNA), NOAS, IRC VK56 MEMBER
    www.myspace.com/unawareconception
    http://www.myspace.com/floridanissanassociation
    Best time so far...
    15.19 @92.49 w/ 6.5 0-60mph

Thanks

Sounds like you are more of a tightwad than a packrat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Sounds like you are more of a tightwad than a packrat.
    i cant stop laughing.....

I tend to be that way at times. Im very decisive on how its spent on my ride.
    "It's like buying a computer but not being able to complete the transaction without the internet...like fuck that!"
    2006 Bronze Titan 2wd
    Best time so far...

Full Access Member
    Thanks

I can be that way sometimes. Usually now more than ever before since I am in college. Just wait and as soon as I see something, it's all mine

Thanks

I started out like that. I got 18" LE rims/tires for free to replace my XE 17" steelies. Then got OEM 20's with tires for $500 off CL and sold the 18's for $250. Bought a used JBA muffler and used Zoomers Y-pipe was my first exhaust. Then bought a whole JBA catback used for $192...Got my LCD monitors used for $100. The Nismo intake I am running is used, got it for $170 off ebay. Have the rear 3" drop Springtech leafs and Belltech drop shocks in the garage, got em used. Got my slicks used for $100 or CL. Got my 16" Chevy rims for $20 off CL. My Nitrous was used got it for $300 off CL....I wanted a Chrome rear bumper when I got my truck, so I waited till I got rear-end to get one so the insurance company paid for it.....I got Uprev used....I have like 6 Chevy/Titan wheels laying around. I even wait till Movies hit the 4 for $20 rack at Blockbuster before I buy them......May not be a packrat, but I do try to find the best deals.
    Performance: Bullydog GT, AEM intake, JBA catback with 22" Mag muffler, no cats, 07 intake manifold
    Other mods: Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X's, Graphite engine pieces, Springtech rear shackle, tinted tails and 3rd brake light, modded OEM headlights, Painted Eye-lids, Billet Grill, 8000k DDM HIDs in headlights and fogs, armada airdam, 9" LCD monitor

13.33 at 103 w/ Nitrous

Thanks

Im the same way man...but if i need it enough I'll snag it even without a deal...i just try to make friends with the people (smaller companies) i buy from so it doesnt cost as much the next time
    The name's Rook
    2007 Xterra S 5spd AT
    Χάος (Khaos) - "the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a complex system"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by O-Fivecc View Post
    I started out like that. I got 18" LE rims/tires for free to replace my XE 17" steelies. Then got OEM 20's with tires for $500 off CL and sold the 18's for $250. Bought a used JBA muffler and used Zoomers Y-pipe was my first exhaust. Then bought a whole JBA catback used for $192...Got my LCD monitors used for $100. The Nismo intake I am running is used, got it for $170 off ebay. Have the rear 3" drop Springtech leafs and Belltech drop shocks in the garage, got em used. Got my slicks used for $100 or CL. Got my 16" Chevy rims for $20 off CL. My Nitrous was used got it for $300 off CL....I wanted a Chrome rear bumper when I got my truck, so I waited till I got rear-end to get one so the insurance company paid for it.....I got Uprev used....I have like 6 Chevy/Titan wheels laying around. I even wait till Movies hit the 4 for $20 rack at Blockbuster before I buy them......May not be a packrat, but I do try to find the best deals.
    Yeah thats how i am with things as well. Also looking to upgrade to a better deal haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Im the same way man...but if i need it enough I'll snag it even without a deal...i just try to make friends with the people (smaller companies) i buy from so it doesnt cost as much the next time
    ^I tend to know the right people at the right time to help me out
    2006 Bronze Titan 2wd
    Best time so far...

Thread Information