PDA

View Full Version : Popping sound in front end

Danielk
08-05-2010, 12:27 PM
well when i turn to go up my steep driveway i hear a pop sound coming from the front end. it happened the other day just going over a curb.

the only thing i can think of is the rack and pinion, because my CV axles are fine.

any thoughts what may cause this???

Danielk
08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
anybody????

d0va
08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
have you check for coilbucket contact

Danielk
08-12-2010, 11:14 AM
yea thats not it though

irellence
01-08-2013, 02:16 AM
The noise happens only when I turn right into a parking lot or driveway and the right wheel goes up a bit followed by the left. When the left wheel goes up the bump there are two fairly loud pops that I can feel on the floorboard with my left foot. The popping noise is similar to the sound a thin sheetmetal enclosure would make if the side was flexing and you pushed it in, you would here a pop as it goes in then again as it comes out.

GERBROCK
05-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Check the sway bar bolts , was an issue on the Frontier/Pathfinders ... also if these have steering stops , and your at full lock it may just be normal ... ( sorry I have not had enough time under one of these to know if they have stops or not ) ... If they do you can lube them with anti seize .....

proofhider
05-15-2014, 09:07 PM
It could be the rack and pinion. Have you tried checking it up in any suspension shop yet?