PDA

View Full Version : Grounding Kit, surprised

mde's04Titan
02-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Well, let me start by saying that this is something I've put on the back burner, always thought of it as not really necessary, but couldn't hurt, so I'll get to it later...and so on.

Well I got around to making my own "kit" up, and installing it today. I simply used real good quality 8g oxygen free copper wire, cut to the lengths and installed all via the instructions of Active Tuning. I will say, that this is something I definitely give more than "it couldn't hurt"!!!

I will not pretend to quote gains in horsepower or torque, but it's as if the entire truck is just a bit smoother, with the most noticeable change being in the transmission. My truck has absolutely no problem getting into overdrive now and achieving torque converter lock-up. Before, it was an effort of backing off the gas pedal some once I got up to speed, and then waiting for this. Gear changes in general seem more deliberate and right on time, manual mode is shifting just a bit quicker. Before, well, there was definitely a tad of a delay, lol, or I wouldn't have noticed a difference.

And on top of that, my voltage is not dropping as badly when my subs puke out their ridiculous amounts of base, haha. It's even about a needle's width higher on the gauge than before.

I feel as if this is definitely something worth serious consideration by others.

Peace....:peace:

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
02-26-2010, 10:14 PM
I have been trying to tell people for months now

kha4079
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
ill probably give it a shot :D

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
02-26-2010, 11:47 PM
lmk if you wanna buy one instead of trying to make it yourself!

mde's04Titan
02-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I've had my truck for 5 yrs and 7 months now, and this is like it renewed it some.... I think it is worthy of the labor, but some say they have seen no difference. I personally did, and I try to be objective and not biased. I hooked up the two easy grounds (battery to body, and drivers side valve cover to body) two days ago, and saw no change at all, then I hooked up the tranny one and the alternator one today, and voila!

Sleepertrk
02-27-2010, 12:05 AM
I have been trying to tell people for months now

LOL you certainly did. We had our whole issue with that on here. Maybe some of us should have listened to you instead of questioned you.

O-Fivecc
02-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I guess I'll give it a shot too....I guuuuueeeeess

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
02-27-2010, 01:35 AM
lol

mde's04Titan
02-27-2010, 08:44 PM
All I can say is that I hope that it does for everyone what it is doing for me! A day later, driving on rolling hills, banked downhill curves, and am just shocked that just creating better paths of ground can improve things such as it has done on mine. It feels that downshifts(holdback engine braking) on hills are coming with better timing, and then on the flip side, its holding uphill acceleration in overdrive longer before it drops a gear. Seems like around here, it was shifting in and out of overdrive a lot more often than it is now. I really can't see how this wouldn't show up as a slight power increase, and I'm speculating that it will probably improve my mpg, that would be a bonus!

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
02-27-2010, 10:31 PM
If you go here! http://www.groundinggear.com/GroundingGear®%20Dynos.htm There are dyno sheets from G35s that show a good amount of HP gains!

O-Fivecc
02-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah I don't even care about the power increases (although it would be a bonus)...I just want things to go smoother LOL..If not, then oh well, it looks like the Active Tuning kit is only $40-$50 anyway

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
02-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Yeah I don't even care about the power increases (although it would be a bonus)...I just want things to go smoother LOL..If not, then oh well, it looks like the Active Tuning kit is only $40-$50 anyway
but there is only 4 grounding points!!!

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad61/FloydsCustoms/Grounding%20Gear%20Wires/GroundingGear.jpg
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad61/FloydsCustoms/Grounding%20Gear%20Wires/Installed.jpg

TITNTUFF
03-01-2010, 12:49 AM
I might have to jump on this project. The converter lockup would convince me..

R3DN1CK
03-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Smoke and mirrors still won't believe it. Maybe you should submit it to mythbusters?

TITNTUFF
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
With the electronics on these trucks a new ground, or cleaning the existing grounds is probably a good idea. Also, replacing any broke grounds would help.

stitan06
03-03-2010, 07:52 PM
where can you get the active tuning kit at

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
03-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Google it but the kits are junk

Misfit
03-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Smoke and mirrors still won't believe it. Maybe you should submit it to mythbusters?

:rotflmao:

stitan06
03-04-2010, 07:41 PM
ok if the kits are junk where can i get the stuff to do it how much does it cost vs the kit and what sizes do they have to be and what gauge wire used

Danielk
03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
what is this ground for i must be missing something i dont have any of the problems yall said

mde's04Titan
03-04-2010, 09:13 PM
what is this ground for i must be missing something i dont have any of the problems yall said

It's simply adding ground connections to allow easier/better current transfer which has equated (for me and others) to a smoother running truck due to the different electronic systems being able to "communicate" easier/better. Some have said that they have seen no difference at all, so I'm not "pushing" this, I'm only saying that I did indeed see/hear/feel an improvement in my truck's overall performance due to the better communication.

Danielk
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
ok thanks