PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Manifolds

Sleepertrk
01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
So what kinda noises do the exhaust manifolds make when they get the infamous cracks in them? I suspect i have a least one of mine leaking if not both. I been getting a whistle sound as a vacuum leak would make but i don't have a vacuum leak. Under hard throttle or high free reving is when i hear the whistling sound. I also hear some air sucking sound as the intake does but this is not my intake. Any thoughts people?? I've not even got 60,000 on my '04 so i should still be alright on the 80,000 mile Emissions warranty. If just one is leaking i like to try and con them into changing both. I've got a good dealer thats always treated me pretty fair.

08BLIZZARD
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
your describing it to a T.. but iv never had one, only read about other peoples description

R3DN1CK
01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
You can hear a ticking noise, mostly on start up or acceleration. Almost guaranteed yours are leaking. We are so hungry for warranty work, I am sure your dealer is too... take it in.

Sleepertrk
01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys. Thats what i was afraid of but since i just had back surgery and its cold as fuck outside, i haven't been able to snoop around to see if i could get a visual on the crack. I'm not so sure i could see it anyway with the heat sheilds and other crap around there. Thanks again...:poop:

Danielk
02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
yea i removed my heat shield and saw a crack in mine took it in spoke of the warrenty and they hooked me up. mine was just a ticking sound

tat2titan
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I've got my OEM manifold's sitting in my storage unit if your interested.

Sleepertrk
02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I've got my OEM manifold's sitting in my storage unit if your interested.

Thanks but i can't turn down Nissan that is putting brand new ones on 2morrow under the 80,000 mile emissions warranty for FREE. Don't just toss those because somebody will probably want them for sure. They must be made of Gold for what they are asking for them.

tat2titan
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
oh i'll been holding on to them for a while. I need to find a buyer, that's a TransGo Kit & install if i can sell them!