PDA

View Full Version : Dealerships

nascarjody
01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
I see alot of you that have problems with dealerships & alot of the time call them stealerships. I know that some dealers go to extreams sometimes. Saying things like the timing advance will void the warranty or your aftermarket exhaust voids your ac warranty. Not all dealers are like this.
Also I see alot of threads of dealers that cant fix the vehicles. I have taken some time & started reading some of the diagnostic proceedures on different things. The info that nissan provides to the dealer to properly diagnose your vehilce in some cases is total BS. When a dealer is having problems diagnosing you vehicle look up the diagnostic procedure on the net. Most of what a dealer has is on the net. Try to follow a wire diagram for one of the newer vehicles. You will be as confused as the dealer tech. When the Tech go to training they get trained on what nissan thinks is going to break not what happens in the real world.
If you are going to complain about the dealer then take it to an independed shop & see what happens or try to fix it yourself. The labor rate might be lower but what kind of experence is that tech going to have.
If a dealer trys to tell you something is not covered under warranty then call consumer affairs. That is what they are for.
So with all that being said flame me if you want. Call me every name in the book. You will not hurt my feelings. I am just giving you a perspective from the other side.

Misfit
01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
My biggest problem with dealerships is not so much the service department as it is with the salesholes.

Not all dealerships are evil and not all salespeople are bad. Like anything, it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the lot.

R3DN1CK
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM
I work at the dealer, I agree there are a lot of people who don't understand cars or your specific problem. Sometimes is a nomenclature issue or something that you think is easy is actually involved. Dealers aren't out there to rape you. If they were, they wouldn't be in business. My shops hourly rate is less than the independant across the street.

O-Fivecc
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
My dealers have always been very nice. I know pinoytitan has a modded titan like mine, but his also lowered. He takes his to a dealer in Orlando that never questions him about warranty work, they just do it. The dealer I use, fixed my leaky axle seal under warranty, eben though I had a Detroit Tru-Trac and all my other mods. Plus they had me picked up by Enterprise (with basically a young hot model driving) and then off to get a Rental. I recently went back for TC or Tranny problem, and they were awesome again ( I now have an aftermarket warranty company). They couldn't find the problem, but I told him about my headers and intake, and he said "Don't worry. those are Nissan products" and told me not to be worried about my mods because he deals with warranty company all day. They couldn't find the problem because my truck was not acting up for them, but he said next time I'm in the area if my truck is acting up, just bring it right in and he will have someone drive it right then to check the problem. Great dealers around here

nickspeed
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
My dealers have always been very nice. I know pinoytitan has a modded titan like mine, but his also lowered. He takes his to a dealer in Orlando that never questions him about warranty work, they just do it. The dealer I use, fixed my leaky axle seal under warranty, eben though I had a Detroit Tru-Trac and all my other mods. Plus they had me picked up by Enterprise (with basically a young hot model driving) and then off to get a Rental. I recently went back for TC or Tranny problem, and they were awesome again ( I now have an aftermarket warranty company). They couldn't find the problem, but I told him about my headers and intake, and he said "Don't worry. those are Nissan products" and told me not to be worried about my mods because he deals with warranty company all day. They couldn't find the problem because my truck was not acting up for them, but he said next time I'm in the area if my truck is acting up, just bring it right in and he will have someone drive it right then to check the problem. Great dealers around here

That is one good reason to run nismo stuff, we sell it so that means nissan know what the product does to the truck and what issue they might cause or not cause by installing them.

R3DN1CK
01-22-2010, 02:18 AM
That is one good reason to run nismo stuff, we sell it so that means nissan know what the product does to the truck and what issue they might cause or not cause by installing them.

agreed, but good luck getting those nismo headers

nascarjody
01-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the responces. This post wasnt meant toward any one here but I am sure that it will come up. It always does no matter what forum your on.

Desert Duner
01-25-2010, 06:08 PM
I see alot of you that have problems with dealerships & alot of the time call them stealerships. I know that some dealers go to extreams sometimes. Saying things like the timing advance will void the warranty or your aftermarket exhaust voids your ac warranty. Not all dealers are like this.
Also I see alot of threads of dealers that cant fix the vehicles. I have taken some time & started reading some of the diagnostic proceedures on different things. The info that nissan provides to the dealer to properly diagnose your vehilce in some cases is total BS. When a dealer is having problems diagnosing you vehicle look up the diagnostic procedure on the net. Most of what a dealer has is on the net. Try to follow a wire diagram for one of the newer vehicles. You will be as confused as the dealer tech. When the Tech go to training they get trained on what nissan thinks is going to break not what happens in the real world.
If you are going to complain about the dealer then take it to an independed shop & see what happens or try to fix it yourself. The labor rate might be lower but what kind of experence is that tech going to have.
If a dealer trys to tell you something is not covered under warranty then call consumer affairs. That is what they are for.
So with all that being said flame me if you want. Call me every name in the book. You will not hurt my feelings. I am just giving you a perspective from the other side.

I understand what you are saying. In most dealerships there is only a hand full of tech's that actually can fix a car. No matter how much training or testing they have done-they still can not fix a car. NMC's policy for a repair is to look up in the assist for any tsb's and then go to the esm. If this has not resolved the issue they are to ask other tech's for their help. The next step is to call tech line for assistance and a possible incident from another dealer. If that still does not resolve the concern the service manager must call his orher tsm for assistance. Once you find a shop that can fix your concern stay with them. Nissan vehicles are lasting longer with less probmatic concerns believe it or not. The days of actully repairing a car is gone. Now it seems like it is just part exchanges

R3DN1CK
01-25-2010, 06:45 PM
get it right, they are Glorified parts changers

Desert Duner
01-25-2010, 10:52 PM
get it right, they are Glorified parts changers

overpaid gloryfied parts changers

R3DN1CK
01-26-2010, 03:04 AM
overpaid gloryfied parts changers

I stand corrected.