PDA

View Full Version : Best PS3 Sandbox Style Games?

Misfit
01-21-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm looking for some new games, as my GTA collection is starting to get boring.

What I'm looking for are games that allow freedom to roam around and create havoc on the city while allowing a multitude of ways to kill innocent citizens. :chainsaw:

I don't care so much about the storyline. Most of my time will be spent making up my own missions. For example, in GTA SA I would see how many tow trucks I could connect together and park on the train track before the next train. Or, I'd hole myself up an abandoned warehouse and see how long I could last in a police shootout. :jester:

In GTA4, I would see how many prisoners I could kill before the guards got me. :gr_guns:

So in a nutshell, I'm looking to cause chaos and destruction without the linear storyline. I'm a casual gamer and popular stuff like Call of Duty or Halo just don't appeal to me.

So far, I have found only two other games that might fit my criteria: Infamous and Saints Row 2.

What do the gamers of TO recommend? :popcorn:

pinoytitan
01-21-2010, 11:49 AM
i think you pretty much narrowed it down to GTA. lol sorry, no help.

try out the modern warefare2 :D

Misfit
01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh well, back to playing GTA.

Last night while cruising on my tractor, I found a nice riding mower and towed it back to my place. :rofl:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/domesticmisfits/mower-1.jpg

Warp09
01-25-2010, 11:49 AM
How is GTA compared to the older ones on PS3? I was thinking of picking up that, and Madden 2010 for my PS3 soon.

Misfit
01-25-2010, 12:58 PM
How is GTA compared to the older ones on PS3?.
Do you mean PS2?

The picture above is from GTA San Andreas, which was made for PS2. However, I have the backward compatible PS3, so that's why I'm still playing it.

GTA4 is the newest of the GTA series. The graphics are better and some things feel more polished, but a lot of the fun things from GTA SA are missing. It really depends on how you play GTA.
I like goofing off and trying crazy stuff outside of the story line. For that reason, I prefer GTA SA. If you play mainly for the story line, then GTA4 is a good game.