PDA

View Full Version : Uprev tune what do ya'll prefer?

06_footy
01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
From what i've heard. Having the street tune is a much more valueable asset to those tuning their trucks than the dyno'd tune version. It was spoken about btw me, O-Fivecc and others at the Funday Sunday meet. But could ya'll go into alittle bit more detail in explaining it. Im just trying to understand it all alot better :waytogo:

von
01-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I seen better track results on a street tune than a dyno tune. But i seen better gas millage on the dyno tune. In my understanding the street tune you have "100" real load on your vehicle as on the dyno you have about "80" load so it logs better for a track/street tune.

mde's04Titan
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
OK, I have a ? about your ?, lol. Are you talking about the same Uprev application, and the only difference being where the data logs and adjustments are made??? If this is the case, street application, or drag strip runs for adjustments are going to be truer to what you do with your truck, so common sense tells me that would be better.

Warp09
01-19-2010, 01:56 PM
OK, I have a ? about your ?, lol. Are you talking about the same Uprev application, and the only difference being where the data logs and adjustments are made??? If this is the case, street application, or drag strip runs for adjustments are going to be truer to what you do with your truck, so common sense tells me that would be better.

Yes, the only difference is the actual tuning/logs are being done on the street/strip (street tune) compared to the dyno (dyno tune). As von said earlier, dyno tuning will yeild better gas mileage, and the street tuning will perform a little better.

08BLIZZARD
01-19-2010, 02:07 PM
did all my tunes on strreet

mde's04Titan
01-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Then I would certainly opt for the street tuning/adjustments! I don't give two squats about what a number is or isn't on a dyno if it doesn't show up where its needed, and that's on the street. Now I was told by Uprev that there simply wasn't anything better than a dyno tune, and until this was brought up, I had no idea to the contrary. But as I said, common sense tells me tune on the street, I just had never given it any thought! You could do the best of both worlds, tune it on the street, and then if you're curious, and just want some numbers to throw out when questioned, dyno it, just don't adjust it.

O-Fivecc
01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah you can have a good dyno tune with a high peak HP like say 345whp for example. Now lets say you dyno with a guy who only dyno's 330. You would think you would be able to beat him. But if the 330 guy has a good street tune, he can still beat you without as high of a peak HP number. You want the HP to stay higher for longer, not just jump up to a high peak. A lot of dyno tuners will tune for a high peak HP number so the customer will say "wow, I gained a lot of power" and walk away and tell at their friends

nickspeed
01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah you can have a good dyno tune with a high peak HP like say 345whp for example. Now lets say you dyno with a guy who only dyno's 330. You would think you would be able to beat him. But if the 330 guy has a good street tune, he can still beat you without as high of a peak HP number. You want the HP to stay higher for longer, not just jump up to a high peak. A lot of dyno tuners will tune for a high peak HP number so the customer will say "wow, I gained a lot of power" and walk away and tell at their friends

Yea, peak hp is great, but if the mid range is shit then the peak is point less.

Layer1
01-19-2010, 03:02 PM
If you have seen most of these dyno graphs there is a dip in the power band around 3k-4k. A really good dyno tune person will work to get rid of that dip. Look at what Jared does in Austin, he gets the dip out of there as much as possible.

06_footy
01-19-2010, 04:34 PM
^Ok cool guys...thanks abunch for clearing that ? up for me